Thursday, April 02, 2009

Philadelphia Area Shrine - Our Lady of Czestochowa

The beginning of March we went to Our Lady of Czestochowa Shrine. The shrine wasn't what I thought it would be. I was expecting more old-fashioned iconic-looking statues and paintings. What I had found was a more modern atmosphere. The shrine is beautiful, but modern.

There is a cemetery on the grounds, so you know where I went.
The grounds are immaculate! The cemetery is very well maintained. The headstones are elaborate. A lot of the black granite headstones trimmed in gold in use here.

The cemetery is divided into two sections - a military section and a civilian section. I took photos in both sections but I am only posting the military section for now.
Overview of the Military Section
Another Overview
Polish War Memorial that stands in the middle of thi section
Close-up of the Memorial
Another close-up

No comments: