Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Philadelphia Area Cemeteries - Beechwood Cemetery

I went out to take some pictures over the weekend. We went to Beechwood Cemetery. The Cemetery is located at Hulmeville Rd. and Bensalem Blvd., in Baensalem, Bucks Co., Pa.

Beechwood was established in 1868. It is a small cemetery and is well maintained. There are no big statues or monuments in there, however, there are quite a few unusual headstones. I don't usually take a lot of headstone photos - I like the statues and other three dimensional art work that is in cemeteries - but the headstones were quite different.

There are a few of the black headstones in here. I must admit they are beginning to catch my eye. Some of them have pictures on them that are created by laser. I believe they are all done by computer. Some of them are quite spectacular.

No comments: